Effective Date: 2015-07-15
1. What Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information as follows:
- If you register a PicThrive subscription, we collect your first and last name, company name and address, telephone number and email address.
- If you create an account pursuant to a PicThrive subscription, we collect account information that includes your (or the account user's) first and last name, email address, employer and duration of employment (if applicable). We also collect metrics and statistical data associated with your account, such as guest ratings of you and sales attributed to you.
- If you purchase products or additional PicThrive features we collect transaction information that includes your first and last name, address, email address and credit card information ("Transaction Information").
- We collect waivers created through PicThrive and associated content, including the first and last name, phone number, gender, birthdate and address of the signatory (or signatories) and that of any minor a guardian signs on behalf of. If you submit a waiver, we collect this information.
- We collect photos, videos and audio of you uploaded to PicThrive by our clients.
- If you purchase photos on-site or provide guest feedback, we collect your email address and associate your purchase and/or feedback with your email address.
- We track and collect Personal Information about users across time and different websites and services.
- If you sign up for an email list, we collect your first and last name and email address.
- If you contact us for technical support, participate in surveys, or voluntarily post in our blogs, we collect any Personal Information you provide about yourself
We collect Anonymous Information as follows:
- We collect all Anonymous Information concerning how you use PicThrive, such as metrics and other types of statistical data. For example, we collect statistics concerning activities, ratings and sales facilitated through PicThrive or how often certain data is viewed or shared through social media.
- We collect PicThrive diagnostic information including logs, error reports and events and the type, number, date and page relating to this information.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use Personal and Anonymous Information internally to provide PicThrive to you, to understand our client needs and to provide you with better service and information, in particular:
- To host, display, transmit and validate information you provide to us through PicThrive in order to facilitate PicThrive features.
- To improve or expand our content and offerings, including research into user demographics and behavior or to resolve technical issues.
- To contact you in connection with your activities on PicThrive, such as delivering photos you purchased or, if you previously consented, to contact you with marketing or promotional emails.
- To establish and maintain PicThrive subscriptions and account(s).
3. Third Parties We Disclose Information To
We disclose Personal and Anonymous Information to third parties, who may be located in a foreign jurisdiction and subject to foreign laws, as follows:
- If you are a user of an employee-level account, users of the respective administrator level account, such as your employer, have access to all Personal Information included in subordinate accounts, including yours.
- We use third party services to track and collect Personal Information about users across time and different websites and services. These third parties may collect and use such information as well (please refer to section 8 below regarding third party information practices). At this time PicThrive does not respond to browser "do not track" signals or similar mechanisms.
- Adventure Soup processes Personal and Anonymous Information into anonymous data that we may license to third parties for any purpose. For example, we anonymize demographic information, such as age, gender, family size and address, to create anonymous statistical data.
- Adventure Soup may disclose your Personal and Anonymous Information to our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries or contractors for internal purposes (as described above).
- We disclose your Transaction Information to third parties for payment processing and fraud prevention purposes.
- To respond to inquiries from law enforcement or to defend our rights or the rights of others.
PicThrive is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who you believe provided Adventure Soup with Personal Information without your consent, please contact Adventure Soup at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do collect information from adults concerning children under the age of 13 if provided through a waiver or otherwise consented to, which is used and disclosed as described above. We keep this information confidential internally and, if ever disclosed externally, it is disclosed under similar confidentiality requirements.
5. Web Beacons and Cookies
6. Information Storage and Retention
Your Personal Information is retained until you request its deletion pursuant to section 11 or until Adventure Soup no longer requires such information for the purpose for which it was collected.
7. Change of Ownership or Business Transition
8. Third Party Software and Services
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Adventure Soup uses industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption to transfer information and stores information in compliance with the following security standards:
- Stored waivers: Advanced Encryption Standard ("AES")-256
- Waiver audit trail: AES-256
- Document authentication/digital signatures: RSA-PSS
11. Your Rights
You may contact Adventure Soup to obtain a copy of any Personal Information we have collected about you, the production of which may be subject to a fee as permitted by applicable law. In addition, you may contact Adventure Soup to correct or delete such information, unless retention is necessary for our legitimate business purposes, required by applicable law, in the control of a third party or where correction or deletion is not technically feasible.
12. Contact Us
Adventure Soup Inc.
850-1095 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 2M6